Saturday, July 12, 2008

What a Month!!!


Wow,
Sorry it has been a couple of weeks since my last blog. Life has been crazy the last couple of weeks. It could have been worse I know but getting puked on in the face is not one of the highlights of my life. Just to let you know it stings really bad when it gets in your eyes. Yes, we have had the stomach flu in the house. I think Squeak and I should have checked into a hotel for the last couple of weeks. It was pretty rough. Luckily, Squeak nor I got sick. Well at least not yet.


I finally broke down and had Mom come to the rescue. She was a great help and we loved having her here for a few days. During this mayhem, Mr. Smiley did open the pool. So he was really busy - but it is finally open. We were able to take the kids a couple of times when Mom was here so she could watch Squeak for us. I will have pictures soon. Mr. Smiley did a great job on this project and the city is really happy - it turned out better than anyone could have imagined.


Other than sickness and pool stuff, we have not been up to much. The kids have been playing outside 24/7 and are having fun playing with friends. Squeak has been growing really well and has slept through the night a couple of times. She is a really good little girl but she does like to be held to go to sleep - so we are working on that.


When Mr. Smiley was home right after we had Squeak he kept the kids entertained and bombed the neighborhood with water balloons. They filled up a whole bucket and drove around the neighborhood and anyone that was out was hit with the balloons. Yes - he can still have fun even though he is busy. I do think we have paybacks coming.
On the 4th of July, Jeff, Cael, and Van spent the day with us. It was great to spend time with our friends.

Last night we had one huge sleepover - all of the 14-18 year olds in the ward camped out in the backyard. I think they had a great time and actually slept a little. They didn't even wake up the kids.


Well to sum up the rest of the month, I think Squeak has the answer:


1 comment:

Kaye and Jared said...

Wow you have been busy!! Glad to see thing are going well!! Cute pictures!! I'm glad you started your blog!! See it's pretty easy huh!!