Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sorry for the past few months.

I know I am a slacker on my blog. We have been working on many projects and had many other priorities to pay attention to the last few months. So quick update. We are all doing great, had a wonderful holiday season and feel very blessed to have a good marriage, fun kids and a good job.

The projects we have been working on will just surprise some of you. We have started making our own winter boots and cold weather clothing. If you want to know more you will have to know that I am a closet food storage/preparedness nerd. I am not a fanatic though.





The winter clothing we have made is really cool (not really) but keeps you really warm. I would show a picture with it on me but why don't you just imagine what I would look like with an inch layer of foam all over my body. Kind of puffy. I sat outside with it on at midnight one night when it was 15 degrees outside - I was completely warm. Not something I would wear out on the town but I don't have too much pride because I hate being cold.





We have at least one article of clothing for everyone but Mr. Smiley at this point. Mr. Smiley is the only one that has a full set of boots. If we need them in the near future then Mr. Smiley will have warm feet and the rest of us will have cold feet and warm bodies. So we still have a lot to do. I failed sewing in 7th grade but am redeeming myself. Hopefully we will finish our project by next winter. I will send an update on the project when it is finished.

Now that I have told you how weird we are I think that we will say goodbye for the day.

No comments: