Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer fun



You know those days when you wish that the church would burn down so you wouldn't have to go to church? Well, it happened. We came home late on Saturday and I needed to still do my Gospel Doctrine lesson when the news came that there had been a fire at our church. Kind of sad really, luckily only the kitchen and young women's rooms were damaged. Interestingly, the week earlier, I sat in the Young Women's room looking around at the decorations and enjoying the fact that I had helped decorate that room and relishing in the pride I was feeling. I am glad I took a moment to do that.

We will never forget 2009 as the year that we only had church 10 months out of the year. Actually, we go to Sacrament meeting at the Stake Center combined with another ward. Every other week we switch who goes to Sacrament only and who goes to the whole block of meetings. I say 10 months because at the first of the year we were made into a new ward so we only had Sacrament meeting for a month. Now we are every other week for a month or so.

Our science experiments are going so so. I never was very good at chemistry. Our volcano did have a pretty good eruption but our bouncy balls didn't really bounce. I think Mr. Smiley's zip line is a bigger hit. All in all we are having a great summer.

No comments: