Monday, January 18, 2010

My Exercise Diary - Day 1

I found this story several years ago - and have wanted to share it ever since. I don't know where the original originated from - I have made some minor changes. I thought it would be appropriate to share this now since it is the first of a new year. I will post each day this week to give you motivation to continue with your new fitness resolutions.

My Exercise Diary
For Christmas this year my wife purchased me a week of private lessons at the local health club. Though still in great shape from when I was on the varsity chess team in high school, I decided it was a good idea to go ahead and try it. I called to make reservations with someone named Janell, who said she is a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and athletic clothing model. My wife seemed very pleased with how enthusiastic I was to get started. They suggested I keep an "exercise diary" to chart my progress.


Day 1.

Started the morning at 6:00 am. Tough to get up, but worth it when I arrived at the health club and Janell was waiting for me. She's something of a goddess, with blond hair and a dazzling white smile. She showed me the machines and took my pulse after five minutes on the treadmill. She seemed a little alarmed that it was so high, but I think just standing next to her in that outfit of hers added about ten points. Enjoyed watching the aerobics class. Janell was very encouraging as I did my sit ups, though my gut was already aching a little from holding it in the whole time I was talking to her. This is going to be GREAT!

No comments: