Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sunburn Seeds

Farmer has pretty fair skin so he sunburns quite easily. Last week his face got quite red, he said to me, " Mom do you know why my face is so red? I ate too many sunburn seeds." Today as he was doing his chore of weeding the garden he said, "Mom, why does Dad always plant weed seeds?"

No swimming has not gotten any better, in fact worse. He won't even put a toe in the pool now. I pulled him out of the class. Maybe in 2 weeks he will be ready?


Workout - Done

3 days down - just 27 more to make a habit right? I don't know if I agree with that statement 30 days makes a habit. I think it should be everyday makes a habit. Just from personal experience, if I exercise 300 days in a row and decide to sleep in then my habit is no longer a habit. What happens is that my new habit becomes sleeping in. Exercise is a lifestyle choice. I have to choose to do it everyday - make it a part of my life. Just like brushing my teeth.

Yesterday, I walked with Farmer and Squeak in the stroller and Petunia and Peanut riding their bikes. We went 1 mile, played at the park and walked 1 mile back. Doesn't seem too hard - well you ought to see the hills.

Today, I did the TRX outside. My transitions were much faster but I still couldn't keep my heart rate up like I would like to. That said, I was pretty sore after Mondays workout - so heart rate or not, I still got a good workout. I should also clarify that the TRX is not really my cardio workout so it doesn't really matter except right now I am doing the TRX as a strength/endurance circuit so I would like my heart rate to stay higher for longer.

Teri, looks like you would whip my tail. Keep it up.
Anyone else working out there?

No comments: